Senior Technical Manager & Paraplanner (STM&P)
Brief description of role and responsibilities:
To provide technical and research support to Financial Planners in the delivery of their advice to clients. This support includes completing research and analysis, preparing suitability letters and writing client reports. This list is not exhaustive and can be liable to change.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
· Preparation of new and existing client Cashflows ready for Cashflow meetings and Annual Strategy meetings
· Receiving and carrying out instructions from meeting notes/tasks from Financial Planners following client meetings.
· Interpreting data obtained by Planners during client meetings and establishing with the planner via de briefings the correct recommendations to be taken.
· Analysing data received by clients and providers then use research tools to provide solutions to meet client needs and objectives.
· Contacting third parties and providers to gather detailed information.
· Generating and accurately saving research undertaken in a structured and consistent format.
· Writing Suitability Letters and Financial Planning reports that are accurate, personalised and match the client’s objectives.
· Provide all appropriate appendices, illustrations, applications and Key features documentation for Suitability Letters and Reports
· Implementing agreed actions from Authority to Proceed notifications including taking fees from providers, allocating investments to wrappers, linking investment models, placing buy/sell trades
· Monitor Negative Cash positions for clients on a monthly basis and recommend appropriate solutions.
· Complete annual ISA reporting to ensure all clients (where applicable) has utilised the annual ISA allowances.
· Participate and contribute to the investment committee meetings if required.
· Analyse and provide specific client portfolio reporting.
· Carrying out all tasks in a manner consistent with compliance procedures.
· Keep up to date with legislation and product changes by attending and maintaining continuous professional development.
Ideally you would have GCSEs Grades (A-C/1-3) in Mathematics and English and hold the Diploma in Financial Planning or equivalent. The candidate must be prepared to study up to level 6 qualification with a Recognised Professional Body.
The candidate must also have good IT skills and excellent telephone manner.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) should be undertaken to develop skills and knowledge.